I must give my sweet friend Ardeth props for this recipe, who turned me onto the Earl Grey addition to this yummy, healthy hot chocolate.
- 1 bag earl grey, I use Stash double bergamot
- 6 oz water
- 6 oz almond milk
- heaping tablespoon cacao powder
- 1-2 tablespoons favorite healthy sugar- I use coconut sugar
- pinch of sea salt
- dash of pure vanilla
1. Using a small pot, boil water with earl grey bag. Discard the bag.
2. Add almond milk until mixture is piping hot.
3. Whisk in the rest of the ingredients until blended.
4. Taste and adjust sweetness if needed.
This hot cocoa is perfect when you need a little pick-me-up in the late afternoon or a sweet after dinner. I also love to drink this hot cocoa when doing an elimination diet.
Enjoy my friend!